- Tokyo, JAPAN / FULL-TIME
Using mainly Unity, this position covers consumer works, PC, smartphone games where you'll be working as a game development generalist. This position also includes game planning and team management; if you feel you have the deep knowledge required for this level of game development, we strongly recommend that you apply for this position.
We are also looking for candidates with shader programming experience, Unity editor extension programming, iOS, Android, or Unity Plugin experience.
There is no problem if you would like to communicate in English within the company.
Work in cooperation with other Game Programmers, technology programmers, artists, animators and level designers to design, implement, polish, debug and optimize high quality gameplay features and systems.
Quickly prototype gameplay experiences as requested by Senior or Lead Game Designers.
Collaborate with UI/UX team members to ensure layouts, animations, and graphical assets are efficiently integrated into application features while preserving artistic integrity and performance.
Take ownership (in collaboration with the team) to ensure that features and systems implemented are presented at quality within the game experience.
Write clean, professional, and maintainable code.
Toubleshoot complex problems as they arise, construct solutions to unforeseen design problems in a timely manner.
Proactively problem-solve performance and stability issues when necessary.
Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Proven experience building software with Unity (games or apps), ideally that are consumer facing and content driven.
Ability to write documented, unit testable, C# code, that is compliant with our company coding conventions and standards.
Strong attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high quality work.
Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle.
Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team.
Strong team player with a positive attitude, highly motivated, analytical and creative, self-starter.
- Other skills / Abilities
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Both Android and iOS game development experience.
Familiarity with git, svn or other VCS.
A passion for playing games with an eye toward analyzing and breaking them down.
- Our company pays all employees a fair wage.
- Working Hours
- 10:00 - 19:00 (8 hours)
- 2 days off a week (Saturday, Sundays, Holidays)
- Retirement Plan / Pension Plan (DC) / NISA / Private Retirement Savings / Group Life Insurance / Housing Allowanc / Residency Allowance / Corporate Sports Club / Breakfast Program / Book Sales Assistance Program / Certification Assistance Program / Fees for Seminars-Event Participation
- We do not inquire about school history, gender, or nationality.
- Required Documents
- Work History
- Portfolio of Past Work, if available
- Selection Process
- Submit required documents
- Document review
- Skype Interview
- It takes roughly 1-2 weeks to review documents of applicants.
- Even if you do not pass, we send all candidates an email detailing their results.
- Please be aware that we are unable to send any submitted physical documents back to applicants.
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to this email address.